Tuesday, August 20, 2013

BOBBY CALDWELL RETURNS TO LONG ISLAND!

It's been many years since the legendary BOBBY CALDWELL performed on Long Island but that will change this weekend when he returns for a one night appearance at The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead. Caldwell is also back with a brand new album of original songs “HOUSE OF CARDS” and it demonstrates Bobby’s prowess as a vocalist, composer, musician, arranger and producer. I spoke with Bobby from nis New Jersey home just prior to this very limited engagement...
MICK: First of all, I want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday![August 15} Did you do anything big to celebrate?
BOBBY: Thank you! No I didn't do anything special. After 50 it's all down hill from now on!!
MICK: It's been many years since you've been out here on Long Island. Are you excited about the Suffolk Theater gig?
BOBBY: Yes I am! I'm real excited about it. I've heard the theater has been redone real nicely and I'm very anxious to see it!
MICK: What can your fans expect to hear on Saturday night in Riverhead?
BOBBY: We have a brand new album out now "House Of Cards" and we are now on our second single from the album. We will be doing stuff from the new album, not too much but just enough to get a taste. And we will be doing a discography representing the last 30 years of my career, whatever we can squeeze into 90 minutes.
MICK: Are you bringing the big band with you?
BOBBY: No I'm bringing the R&B band with me for this gig.
MICK: How long did it take you to record "House of Cards"?
BOBBY: About 5 months from start to finish.
MICK: I see that you play a lot of guitar and bass in this album.
BOBBY: Yes more so than usual. It's something I did a lot of years ago and for the last three albums too. But for this new album I play more than ever before.
MICK: How many different instruments do you play?
BOBBY: Keyboards, bass and guitar. When I write a song I usually do it on keyboard.
MICK: Have you ever recorded a song where you play all the instruments?
BOBBY: Yes I have! On my first album and my second album too!
MICK: How's your family doing?
BOBBY: Everybody is doing great thanks. Everybody is off into their lives and it's madness here in this house! My stepdaughter did an internship at Fox News in New York City and now she's working there full time. My other is teaching drama here in New Jersey!
MICK: I know last year you got a bulldog for Christmas. How's he doing?
BOBBY: You know what they say about a dog's life! This dog must sleep 16 out of 24 hours a day! Amazing!
MICK: Now that 2013 is winding down, what's coming up for you in 2014?
BOBBY: I will have another album coming out. It's just in the writing stages right now. The new year is filling up real quick so we will be out on the road a lot. It should be another great year ahead!


Catch Bobby Caldwell this Saturday evening 8/24/2013
Suffolk Theater
Riverhead, NY
Doors open 90 minutes prior to the show
Showtime: 8:00 p.m.
Tickets: (631) 727-4343
www.suffolktheater.com

http://bobbycaldwell.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment